The taquitos came out SO GOOD!!! I am really excited about these. The tortillas are so nice and crunchy, thanks to the air fryer! I don't think a regular oven can replicate this crispness. And the filling is so yummy. I had my doubts when I was assembling them. I thought the filling was going to fall out during air frying.....but it didn't!
Smart points will vary depending on how many taquitos you make and how much of it you use. Based on my ingredients and calculations, each taquito is 3SP.
3/4 c TJ's shredded Mexican cheese
1-lb lean ground beef
1/2 Tbsp Minced garlic
Small sweet onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Coriander
Salt (to taste)
Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Make the filling on stovetop. Spray a pan with oil and add minced garlic and onions until onions are a little tender. Add ground beef all seasonings and cook until beef is brown.
- Warm corn tortillas in microwave (so that they are pliable) about 1 minute
- Place filling in tortillas with a little cheese, roll them up, then use toothpick to hold the taquito together.
- Spray the bottom of air fryer basket, then place taquitos in basket in single layer.
- Spray oil on tops of taquitos
- Air fry at 370 degrees for 6 minutes, flipping once at the 2 minute mark spraying oil once more.
- Remove toothpicks and enjoy!
This is a HUGE air fryer WINNER!! My 6-yr old told me that he's going to eat ALL of them, because he really likes them.
Update on January 7, 2018: There is no change in Smart Points Values based on the WW Freestyle Program.